Tuesday 25 September 2018

I believe ..Religion

Written by the Rev.Jeannette van der Veen-Bosgra

I believe in a world where all people can live in happiness,
and that I too have a duty to create such a world.
I believe that for every human being there may be love, justice, pardon and peace.
I believe that joy will overcome sadness,
that love is stronger than hatred,
that not death has the final word, but life;
all this I belief by Jesus of Nazareth.
He has shown that such a world, such a life is possible
and that it is worth while dedicating ourselves to such a world.
I want to orientate myself towards Him. I want to live in his spirit,
because I believe that I can work for the salvation of others
and that this way happiness for others and myself is most successful.


Jerusalem 2012


Ik geloof in een wereld waarin het voor alle mensen goed is om te leven,
en dat het mede mijn taak is zo'n wereld te scheppen.
Ik geloof dat er voor iedere mens liefde, gerechtigheid,vergeving en vrede kan zijn.
Ik geloof dat de vreugde het zal winnen van het leed,
dat liefde sterker is dan haat,
dat niet de dood het laatste woord heeft, maar het leven;
dit alles geloof ik door Jezus van Nazareth.
Hij heeft laten zien dat zo'n wereld, zo'n leven mogelijk is
en dat het de moeite waard is zich voor zo'n wereld in te zetten.
Ik wil mijn leven op Hem oriënteren.
Ik wil leven in zijn geest, omdat ik geloof
dat ik zo anderen tot heil ben
en dat daarmee het geluk van anderen en van mijzelf
het meest gebaat is.
                                   

                                   Amen

Holy Sepulchre in Old City of Jerusalem


































































































3 comments:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

We need this kind of reminder so much these days. Thank you Wil.

Reader Wil said...

Thank you Sallie.I agree with you that we find support in this post, which I tot from a friend.

Brenda said...

I really needed to read this today. Thanks for posting it. It is on our bucket list to visit the Holy Land someday.