Monday 19 January 2015

Our World Tuesday, ABC Wednesday, B for Bathmen


The church of Bathmen dates from the early 14th century





Bathmen is a town in the eastern Netherlands. The municipality was merged with her larger neighbour of Deventer on 1. January 2005 as part of a national effort to reduce bureaucracy in the country.

The vicarage, where my sister and her family,

 lived  for many years










I often stay in Bathmen to visit my sister.
Bathmen has got a long history . Old archaeologic finds date from 6000 B.C.. Because of its high situation surrounded by swampy area, it is thought that it has been inhabitated permanently from at least 1300 B.C..

The province of Overijssel

Bathmen is a village in the north-east of the Netherlands, and although it is not far from where I live, the surroundings are quite different with woodland and more farms than we have.

















The pub, restaurant, café




people in weekends.

Nice to walk there in summer



Summer


 to walk in autumn
and in spring

With thanks to Denise Nesbitt,  who created ABC, and Roger, who took over from her. For more interesting ABC posts click on the logo in the sidebar. This week we are looking for words beginning with B

 

Welcome to Our World Tuesday! This meme continues in memory of the work of Klaus Peter, whose "that's My World" brought people together from around the world every Monday to share the wonders therein--big and small.Please click on our  logo for "Our World Tuesday" in the sidebar. Thank you Team of O. W. T.!


27 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Lovely, delightful captures for the day, Wil!! Wish I could visit there! Your photos are the next best thing!! Hope you have a great new week!!

Cloudia said...

What fine country, well shown, Wil



ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
<3

Kay said...

What a beautiful area! I love the aboriginal art on your header. We did buy a painting when we were in Australia and still treasure it.

Marja said...

I love the beautiful houses in the North It must be very peaceful living there away from the hustle and bustle
of the cities.

mrsnesbitt said...

Brought back memories of driving through on our motorbike.

Denise ABC Team

carol l mckenna said...

Delightful area and wonderful photos!

Happy Week to you,
artmusedog and carol

Unknown said...

You live in a beautiful area. Nice shots :-)

Reader Wil said...

Hi Denise thanks for your comment. I wanted to write you on your own blog, but saw this: "Profile Not Available". So here I am answering you here.

The part of my country you visited is indeed a beautiful part.I like it better than this polderland, where I live now.
Have a great week!
Wil, ABCW Team

Roger Owen Green said...

The BEAUTY of the summer shots is encouraging!

ROG, ABCW

Hildred said...

Wonderful pictures of a beautiful countryside, Wil.

And I am all for reducing beaurocracy!!!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Our pubs too are frequented by youngsters and all ages. What a lovely place, free of urban cityscapes.

Arthur Schenck said...

I love your photos! My parents brought me with them to visit the Netherlands when I was a boy, but we didn't get to see much of the country. You're helping to fill in some of the blanks!

Little Wandering Wren said...

Looks very tranquil, I always loved the Netherlands!
Wren x

Anita Sabat said...

BEAUTIFUL pics, Wil.
Bathmen looks like a BEWITCHING place :)
BE BLESSED :)

Indrani said...

Great series of pics from Bathmen. New place to me.
Happy ABCW!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Looks like a BEAUTIFUL place to live!

Catching up with BLUE

Have a great Wednesday
Rose

Lea said...

Beautiful scenes!
Hope you are having a wonderful day!
Lea

fredamans said...

The vicarage is beautiful! Love the countryside, so pretty!

Unknown said...

Het is inderdaad een prachtige plek in een even prachtige omgeving.
Mooie collage heb je ervan gemaakt WIl.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

A beautiful place. It reminds me a little of Puyallup, Washington area.

The View from the Top of the Ladder

Lmkazmierczak said...

Loved looking at your series...Have a great week♪ http://lauriekazmierczak.com/bank-shot/

Anonymous said...

What a picturesque area!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I was watching in our news how your country managed to grow potatoes with salt water.

Trubes said...

BEAUTIFUL shots Wil,
You are truly BLESSED to live in such a lovely place.
I didn't realise The Netherlands covered such a vast region of Northern Europe.
I love the BUILDINGS too, and even more delighted when I spotted the windmill.

BEST Wishes,
Di,
ABCW team.

Trubes said...

Hello again dear Wil
, just to let you know I've put a reply to your comment on my ABCW blog.

Di. x
ABCW team.

Ann said...

Beautiful landscape in Bathmen. I love the history of 6000 BC--would love to see this archaeology.
Ann

Gattina said...

Looks like a beautiful place !
Gattina
ABC Wedenesday
http;//gattina-keyholepictures.blogspot.com/