History of KeukenhofThe history of Keukenhof, the name of it means "kitchen garden", goes back to the 15th century. Countess Jacqueline of Bavaria, Jacoba van Beieren (1401-1436) gathered fruit and vegtables from the woods and dunes here for the kitchen of Teylingen Castle. Keukenhof Castle was built in 1641, and the estate grew to an area of over 200 hectares.
All photos are taken by an unknown photographer
The Keukenhof is a park in the province of Noord -Holland (north of Holland)
In 1949 a group of 20 flower bulb exporters came up with a plan to use the estate for a permanent exhibition of spring-flowering bulbs, signalling the birth of Keukenhof as a spring park. The park opened its gates tot he public in 1950 and was an instant success, with 236,000 visitors in the first year alone. In 2015 the 66th edition of Keukenhof is taking place, with Van Gogh as its theme. During the last 65 years Keukenhof has grown into a world-famous attraction.
Spring is the most beautiful season and that counts also for the Keukenhof.
There are all kind of tulips, daffodils and hyacinths