Monday 7 September 2015

ABC Wednesday, I for Interesting facts about history

Thank you Denise Nesbitt for creating ABC. We must thank Roger too for the weekly job to find  ten bloggers for each of the ABC Team members  to visit and to read their posts. This will be now the letter  I.

Some years ago I got this from one of my students, who got it from a friend of his.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The following were answers provided by 6th graders during a history test. Watch the spelling! Some of the funniest answers are those that are misspelled...



1. Ancient Egypt was inhabited by mummies and they all wrote in hydraulics.They lived in the Sarah Dessert. The climate of the Sarah is such that all the inhabitants have to live elswhere.







2. Moses led the Hebrew slaves to the Red Sea where they made unleavened bread, which is bread made without ingredients. Moses went up on Mount Cyanide to get the Ten Commandments. He died before he ever reached Canada.


3. Solomon had three hundred wives and seven hundred porcupines.

 

4. The Greeks were a highly sculptured people, and without them we wouldn't have history. The Greek also had myths. A myth is a female moth.

 

5.Socrates was a famous Greek teacher who went around giving people advice. They killed him. Socrates died from an overdose of wedlock. After his death his career suffered a dramatic decline.

 

6. In the Olympic games, Greeks ran races, jumped, hurled biscuits, and threw the java.



7. Julius Caesar extinguished himself on the battlefields of Gaul. The Ides of March murdered him because they thought he was going to be king. Dying, he gasped out "Tee hee, Brutus."

 

8. Joan of Arc was burnt to a steak and was canonized by Bernard Shaw.

 

9.Queen Elizabeth was the "Virgin Queen". As a queen she was a success . When she exposed herself before her troops they all shouted, "Hurrah!"

26 comments:

Leslie: said...

Oh my goodness, Wil....stop or I'll end up choking! SO SO funny! I think I'll print this out and have my grandson (who is entering grade 6 tomorrow) see if he can figure out why this is so funny. It'll be a challenge for him. Have a great week.

Leslie
abcw team

Kate said...

Wil, It is an amusing entry for "I"-good for a laugh! I wonder how many of us could make the corrections?

Trubes said...

That was very amusing Wil,
I like the idea if The Virgin Queen exposing herself to her troops,
and they all shouted 'Hurrah'!

Most amusing post indeed!

Best wishes.
Di.
ABCW team.

Rajesh said...

These are really interesting. Thanks for sharing.

photowannabe said...

Thanks for my laugh for the day.
Kids really do say the craziest things.

Roger Owen Green said...

You are ALWAYS interesting!

ROG, ABCW

Anita (Rosy) said...

"Oh my "LOVE your Banner" Decided to come here directly to answer your question..."How are you...in regards to the fender bender I was in" Still having some problems and this afternoon will be seeing a new Doctor, will post at my Wednesday and Thursday Blog to let everyone know my results..oh and also to let those who still reads my blogs that I am still alive, just not kicking very hard yet. lol

Anita (Rosy) said...

"Thank you for coming on over to my blog"

Gigi Ann said...

What a fun read, It made me chuckle. Thanks for sharing.

Hildred said...

Terribly Interesting, and amusing as well - thanks for the smiles, Wil.

Photo Cache said...

#3, whoa!

My ABC WEDNESDAY

Amy Barlow Liberatore/Sharp Little Pencil said...

Wil, this is so funny I am going to share the link with friends. The climate of Sarah will, of course, be contested by my friend Sarah! So sad, in a way, that these were sixth graders, because WOW! The answers are incredibly lame... Thanks again! Amy

Anonymous said...

So interesting...

Ira said...

Oh My God! How did you come to choosing this topic. Hilarious! May I share it on Google plus that is with your consent. Loved the myth about women. ;)
Lovely! Lovely! can't seem to stop laughing!
Had it been a performance every one would have cheered "Once more!"

Unknown said...

Goedemorgen Wil

Een mooie lijst weetjes... Geschiedenis heeft er talrijke van hè?

Wens je een heel fijne dag!

♫ Mel☺dy ♫ (abc-w-team)

Nabanita said...

Interesting and quite amusing actually...An interesting mix of information I should say :)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh those 700 porcupines were probably way too much for that poor King ;>))). I love this kind of wordplay humor. Very cute post.

uberrhund said...

I think Porcupines might be a very apt translation for where they were going with that one!~
Fine entertainment, thanks.

Ann said...

So cute, love #2.
Ann

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

today, the Queen became the longest reigning queen. wonder what he needed the porcupines for?

Deepa said...

I think its Sahara desert

Indrani said...

Informative! :)
Happy ABCW!

Anonymous said...

Great snippets of information.

Obsessivemom said...

Thank you thank you for a hilarious read. - I'd like to see Solomon with the porcupines! Myth is a female moth... Hilarious!! I hope it's okay if I shared your post with my friends on Facebook.

BeatAboutThe Book

Patty said...

I love those kind of interesting facts, they aren't boring. LOL Hope you and family have been well.

Beloo Mehra said...

Wow, those are indeed some interesting facts, thanks for sharing!