Friday 1 November 2013

Sky Watch on Friday

Skywatch Friday starts its seventh year today.
Some of us are posting our best Skywatch post ever to celebrate the anniversary and to honor and remember Klaus the man who started this meme and who is now no longer with us.



Some days ago we had a gale  as we never have seen before. The weather-forecast gave a red alert warning. We were lucky, for my house was not damaged. I even didn't notice that there was such a storm going on, until I went out to check the windows of my daughter's house, which is a five minutes walk from my house. The rest of the country suffered more damage sadly enough. In the UK, France, Belgium, Germany and Denmark,  there were also people suffering by this gale and also casualties.

 Photos from people all over the country:










14 comments:

Cloudia said...

Stay safe, dear Wil


ALOHA from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral
=^..^=

Sylvia K said...

WOW!! That looks like quite a storm, Wil!! Do stay safe and have a lovely weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you're safe. So horrible to see so much damage.

eileeninmd said...

I heard about this scary storm on the news. The photos show a lot of damage. I am glad you were safe! Have a great weekend and happy skywatching!

Lea said...

Glad you are safe and house not damaged.
Lea

Rajesh said...

That is very dangerous. I am glad you are safe.

MastHoliday said...

OMG! Storm was very dangerous according to your photos..i glad you are safe..

Hildred said...

Dreadful damage, Wil, - so glad you are safe.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Here in the South of the country they had very bad gales but we didn't even notice it up here I am glad to say Wil. Have a good week end.

Arkansas Patti said...

That is a lot of damage. I saw some of the coverage on the news. So glad you were spared. That storm really spanked a lot of countries.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Take care, that is quite a storm.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I'm glad you are safe. Take care in case it isn't quite over.

Indrani said...

That is scary!
I am so glad you are safe!

Kay said...

I'm so glad you were safe, Wil. I didn't know you were all so badly impacted. My daughter lives in Illinois and was able to avoid the tornado that leveled the town of Washington, Illinois. It seems storms are even more terrible these days.