Sunday 13 February 2011

Psalms Challenge, Psalm 7

 
Posted by Picasa

Hellish plane.



8 The Lord judges the peoples; judge me, O Lord, according to my righteousness and according to the integrity that is in me.
9 Oh, let the evil of the wicked come to an end, and may you establish the righteous- you who test the minds and hearts, O righteous God!
10 My shield is with God, who saves the upright in heart.
11 God is a righteous judge, and a God who feels indignation every day.

17 I will give to the Lord the thanks due to his righteousness, and I will sing praise to the name of the Lord, the Most High.


*************************************************************************

Last night I saw a movie about Dresden, February 1945. I was really very sad about the destruction by this bombardment and how the evil powers in the city continued to kill their own people while the bombing was going on, because they were deserters or spies.War is hell.


The verses from Psalm 7 are contributed to Robert's new PsalmsChallenge meme at Daily Athens. To read more psalms click on Robert

10 comments:

Dina said...

Your picture is a strong proof of the "evil of the wicked." We moderns need help against it just as much as the original psalmist did.

Tania said...

Well, we do need God to help us..
It`s a beautiful picture you show up.
Have a blessed sunday:-)

Vicki Lane said...

There is so much in the Psalms -- I'm enjoying these posts.

Chloe m said...

This scripture gives me hope. God does save the righteous in heart.
Thanks for sharing.

jack69 said...

Reader Wil,
I counted it a privelege to read your comment on the Shipslog. With your past and experiences it causes one to apprecite the bountiful life they have lead.

This is a nice Blog, and I enjoyed it. The Ships log is just my daily toughts, they seldom relate anything. LOL

Again, do appreciate your stopping by the log. It will be considered by me as a Huge point in my long line of journaling.
Again Thanks....
jack

Kay said...

This is absolutely excellent, Wil! I loved your interpretation. War is definitely hell!

Roger Owen Green said...

war IS hell, even a "just war".

Pat - Arkansas said...

Your posts on the Psalms are a blessing, Wil. Thank you.

I am intrigued by the beautiful photo in your blog-header, especially the large white 'pipe' leading from a box above the windows to the chimney area. ???

Anonymous said...

I agree with the words above that your participation is indeed a great bless. Thank you.

Please excuse the missing link system, I'll try to make it appear next week. Please have a wonderful start of the new week.

daily athens

Janice Thomson said...

Powerful photo Wil. I hate war of any kind. Much enjoyed this.