Wednesday 5 November 2008

Congratulations Mr. President!!



Congratulations America, but also Asia, Africa and Europe and Australia!! May the new president get the best advisers and the best helpers to clear the mess the world is in.

Martin Luther King said:
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal." I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood. I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a desert state, sweltering with the heat of injustice and oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice. I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I have a dream today.

19 comments:

Maria Verivaki said...

hear hear!

Reader Wil said...

I was visiting my neighbour and all the people present were delighted! I was shopping today and again other customers talked about the huge victory of Obama with enthusiasme

Gretchen said...

Another awesome slide puzzle. :)

We're going to take back our country a bite at a time. This was a huge one for everyone!

Rose said...

I think we made the right choice! I am hopeful and inspired by our new President.

Your P post was great--you've created some fantastic puzzles here.

I wanted to tell you, Reader Wil, that I think I forgot to leave you a comment last week. How nice of you to give me an award for creativity! I will add the award to my blog; thank you so much.

The Weaver of Grass said...

He has got to be better than the last one, reader wil. I find the prospects for the future quite exciting - and that is the first time for a long while.

Patty said...

Amen to that!

Reader Wil said...

All day the TV is dedicated to this great success. It's a real phenomenon.

Granny Smith said...

This is a happy, hopeful day! I am celebrating quietly - mostly on the web and my blog. This election proves to me that democracy works, that the people really have a voice.

Photo Cache said...

God bless the new leadership.

abb said...

Thank you for your blessing. That it comes from someone not living in the USA means a lot.

Rambling Woods said...

I am hopeful for the first time in about 8 years...

Shelley said...

Amen!!

Janice Thomson said...

Yes congrats to our American neighbors on their new President!

kjpweb said...

Thank you! His election put's something on the map, that the US has not seen for too long. Hope.
Cheers, Klaus

Unknown said...

Well said! I am excited about our new President. Although many conservatives in my world are disheartened by his election, I truly believe that God is going to do great and wonderful things with Barack Obama in office! Love the slide pictures! SO cool!

Reader Wil said...

Thank you all for your enthusiasme! I believe that we can all work better together. I am sure that Europeans appreciate the admistration of this president wholeheartedly.Mr Bush was disliked in such away that his orders were executed reluctantly. Nobody agreed with him. Worse than Bush is not possible.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Well said.

Jeanne said...

Wonderful post in words and pictures. I was never prouder to be a citizen of the US than on that night.

antigoni said...

CONGRATULATIONS! AWESOME WORDS FROM A GREAT MAN.