Thursday 2 October 2008

Favourite places in the world: Denmark!

 
Denmark, Sjaelland 2002. One of the places where we had a great time. My sister, brother-in-law and our Danish friend, who died this year.
Posted by Picasa


Of all my travels in the world there are a few that were particularly pleasant and at some of these places I felt really happy. I start with Denmark. Our Danish friend invited us to a historical village in Sjaelland not far from Holbaek, The weather was excellent for May. We saw all kind of old buildings like a smithy and an old farmhouse, where we had a cup of coffee with my friend's cousin. She was the one who told me early this year that my last Danish friend had died. After my Australian holiday, she and her husband came to see me.

3 comments:

Kyanite said...

Am trying to catch up with my blog reading!
Favourite places is good - will have to feature some of mine idc.

Best wishes
Blue

Dina said...

Sad to lose old friends but our photos of them will live on.
Historic villages are so nice to see. I visited a huge one in Switzerland and a small one in Czech Republic. Life was different back then, eh?

Rambling Woods said...

Thank you for showing me places that I wouldn't get to see otherwise being from the US