Tuesday 12 February 2008

Carpe Diem

 
 
 
Posted by Picasa


Carpe Diem...
2008-Feb-12 - Walk in the winter polder.

When the weather is fine I sometimes go for a walk, but never alone! I don't like that.So on Saturday the 9th of February I went with a friend for a walk in the polders and I took my camera with me and took a couple of photos. We saw the usual waterbirds like ducks, moorhens, swans but also herons and partridges. There were some lovely houses and farms. as well.After our two hours walk we had a cup of coffee in a nice little café in the polder. It was too cold to sit outside, but inside it was nice and warm and the coffee was hot and sweet. We looked at the photos and I decided to keep them all . Sometimes I delete half of them,but they looked okay

2 comments:

Patty said...

Your photos are lovely. There is no way anyone could have gone for a walk here today. We have ice covering everything. I'm sure Abe will get some photos tomorrow, hopefully the sun will come out and glisten on the tree branches showing off the icy coverings. We just hope no power lines go down, we do have a gas furnace, but the fan has to push the heat out of the vents and the fan is run with electric. Sleep well.

Reader Wil said...

I really hope you won't have any problems with your electricity!! If the weather is that cold and you have no heating that's too terrible!