Thursday 21 February 2008

Alternative ways to play tennis...

 
 
 
Posted by Picasa


Last night I tried to find an interesting program on TV. We have about 25 channels, among which 14 channels with either Dutch subtitles or Dutch spoken programs.Two of them are Belgian channels and the rest are a mixture of Dutch programs and foreign ones. I often watch BBC 1, 2, 3 and CNN. Believe me or not nearly all channels were dealing with sport. The German channels talked about skiing, the Dutch about football( soccer), then there was news of our skaters, who are doing well. Never mind, I am not interested in sports and there is never a funny sports program.Therefore I took some photos of a prewar book of drawings in which the artist makes a few suggestions, which would have been absolutely interesting to see in real life.

5 comments:

Patty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patty said...

Love this set of cartoons, something I have never seen before. Thanks for sharing.

Reader Wil said...

It was a book of my husband's. And all the cartoons must have been drawn in the thirties, but they are still very funny.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Wil for your visit and comment on my blog about slugs and hostas. I went back and added this comment to the post as several others have had a similar complaint about them. I also have a post on brookvilledailyphoto.blogspot.com about hostas.

Recipe for slug free hostas and other plants:
Use any lid with straight sides like those plastic ones used that screw on peanut butter jars. Made of plastic. Wash lids thoroughly. Place the empty lid on the ground among the flowers you want to protect against slugs. Open a can of regular beer and pour just enough beer in the lid so as to not over flow it. Next morning it should have at least one slug in the lid, drowned or drunk and drowned. Clean the lid out good, put back on the ground and poour more beer into lid. Do this for several nights in a row and your slugs will disappear.

Reader Wil said...

Thank you Abe! This is a useful advice! A beautiful death BTW! I've just returned from a visit to my sister's, where I was from Friday up till now.