Wednesday 2 January 2008

New Year's Eve's ups and downs...

 
 
 
Posted by Picasa


I am very glad New Year's Eve is over. Fireworks are okay at a safe distance, but for the rest I don't like it! This time the firebrigade, the ambulance and the police were busy all night. Cars were burned by Molotov coctails, which seems to become a new tradition. We spent the night in fear for another reason. A friend and relative of the family saw his neighbour's house on fire and although the firebrigade could extinguish the flames, the roofs of two houses were damaged so badly that the people had to go to another place for shelter. The cause of this was a piece of fireworks.
The next morning, New Year's Day I went to church for a N.Y reception and you wouldn't believe the mess of rubbish I saw in our normally clean streets. Well I'm glad it's all over and done with. I know one thing: It's best to stay at home and have the garden hose ready next time, just in case!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It never ceases to amaze me that lunacy is not limited to the United States. I don't like fireworks. I don't know what people don't just throw their money in the fireplace.

I wanted to thank you for your visits to my blog in 2007 and for the comments you have left. And also to wish you and your family the best of health and happiness for 2008. From me and Patty.

Reader Wil said...

I wish you also a very happy and above all a healthy 2008. Patty sent me a beautiful card. It stands to reason that I like to visit your blog. And I thank you likewise for your visits to my blog. I always found your comments very good and instructive and not just a compliment.